Thursday, December 6, 2007

Who master tools, who will win the battle of website promotion

For a new website, it is really not easy as what some people thought and said. Sometimes we spend a whole day to submit our websites to tens or hundreds of directories. But we only get a few visitors. How disappointed it is!

Is this because the contents of the websites not good? No direct relevance. I have tried to submit some websites ranked in top of Google to Digg and del.icio.us. Few people had bookmarked them. Why so? One reason is there are too many websites to be chosen by people.

In fact, most webmasters know the importance of search engine optimization and have to read lots of articles about website promotion. They must try all kinds of approaches people have introduced. So how could one new website beat others?

As the number and quality of inbound links of a website is the key ranking factor in most search engines, i.e. who get more high quality inbound links, who will then rank high in search engines, and who will get more traffic, I think only those people who master good tools or skills will succeed in website promotion if we don’t think about other factors such as persistent hardworking, attractive and creative website contents, good social networking, or other supporting platforms.

For example, if you submit your website to different directories manually, you may spend a whole day to build 100 links. But if you can do this automatically or semi-automatically or other people may help you, you will build more links and save more time to write good website contents. So webmasters do need spend more time to master more useful tools for search engine optimization and website promotion.

Here I got an idea to improve the efficiency to build inbound links of my website. Currently, I have to build such kinds of links by myself. One approach I will use is to submit some good posts to different blog directories and social bookmarking websites. So I will list such websites in excel. Some websites need to log in. So I’ll try to register using the same username and password. I will put those websites together that have similar submission requirements. So when I do submission each time, I can open tens of websites together and do submission quickly. This will save me lots of time. If you like, I will publish my list soon for sharing but don’t forget to add me as your friend.

Do you think if this is a good idea? If you know some good tools and tricks, please leave comments in my post. Your kindness is appreciated in advance.





No comments: