Saturday, December 8, 2007

Avoid website ban

Yesterday, I found my Digg account was banned. What is the matter? It really shocked me, as I was so careful to avoid such kind of ban. I didn’t set up more than one account (Digg’s rules). I posted more than 10 high quality websites I visited often. I did add 3 pages of my website and blog. Is this the reason getting banned? But as a social bookmarking site, why can’t I add all my favorite websites even if they belong to me? How could Digg know these websites belong to me?

I remembered, maybe it was because I added my website url in the links setting of my profile. Hmm, this is a lesson. Look at many other people’ profile, they have their own websites too but not get banned. You will find no links set in their profile. Is this a trap Digg for website owners? So I set a new account and leave the link part blank. Fortunately, my IP address is not banned.

For newbies, there are many website ban in this Internet world. Don’t get banned, as it is not worthy to waste your effort. But even if you are very careful as I am, you may still get banned. So risk is always there and most people don’t pay much attention, which is one reason why many people will fail in their business.

So always read their terms carefully, abide their rules. Here are some website ban I can share.
1) Don’t add too many keywords in your websites. Search engines don’t like SEO.
2) Don’t try to fool search engines. They are getting smarter and smarter. Write your website for people not for machine. If you want to add keywords, try to put them into sentences and let them make sense.
3) Don’t add doorway pages and cloaking pages for your website.
4) Don’t spam search engines. Repeated submission with duplicated contents will get your websites banned.
5) Avoid bulk email spamming.
6) Choose related websites for inbound links, avoid to link with website banned by search engines.
7) Build inbound links gradually. If you try to establish hundreds of links in one day, you may get banned.

If you have more, you are appreciated if you could let me know.

No comments: