Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Lesson of Adsense and SEO


Three days ago, I resubmitted my application to Google for Adsense. I thought Google would have approved my application this time as my website MaPaGuides was already indexed by Google. But I got an email last night; Google guy told me my application was rejected. The reason was there were too many keywords in my website. This is a new lesson for me.

I admitted I tried SEO (search engine optimization) for my website. As mentioned in the previous post, I searched overture to check the search frequency of related keywords. So I put different keywords with high, middle and low searching frequency in the url, title, head, body and links (such as keywords like parenting skills, creative kids, creative imagination, creativity, imagination exercises). But the highest density of keywords is less than 6%, which is lower than the percentage suggested in many SEO websites (5-16%).

However, everyone knows all websites top ranked in Google search results did SEO. If new websites don’t do this, how people could find us in Google. So what is the limit of keywords density in a website? Did Google treat new websites and old websites differently? Or Google treats popular keywords more strictly? I don’t know.

As so, I got to remove some keywords in my website and resubmit Adsense application again.




Previous Posts
> Avoid website ban
> What I have done and failed to promote my website

1 comment:

G.Suvorov said...

I think you can try SeoQuake, seo toolbar. It can analyze anything you may need including keyword density on a page. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3036/ - for Firefox.
You can also use seodigger.com for keyword tracking, just trace your best competitors keywords and positions in SERP. It's made by SeoQuake Team and it’s free too.